Redesigned Website is More User-Friendly with Easier Navigation and New Functionalities; Mobile Version Now Available
ST. LOUIS, April 12, 2012 – Emerson Climate Technologies, a business of Emerson (NYSE: EMR), has launched a restructured U.S. website with improved search, navigation and additional functionalities, including optimization for mobile devices.
“Our customers need quick, easy access to information on our brands and our technology, especially when they are on the go. We have reengineered our online presence to be more streamlined and more customer-focused,” said Tim Flinn, vice president Marketing & eBusiness for Emerson Climate Technologies. “The way our customers and partners search and share information online is evolving. Emerson is now well-positioned to capitalize on new and emerging trends in online search and social media.”
Improved Website Search and Navigation Functions
- Search by model numbers. Customers can now search model numbers for compressors, condensing units, thermostats, valves and controls from the website search function. The search results will present the technical data from the product databases.
- Reordered, improved, and added Brands to the primary navigation menu. The dropdown menu is now easier to read and less mouse-sensitive.
- Links to “Change Language” and “Distributor Locator” at the top of every page.
- Added “Newsroom” under the About Us link.
- New Contractor Connection landing page.
- “ShareThis” function in every page where users can easily share the page with family/friends in many different ways.
- Printer-friendly version of every page.
- Moved the Login Box to the left and the “Latest News” to the right of the homepage.
- Separate “Quick Links” section for the most requested tools and products.
- Links to top requested pages and social media buttons on the homepage.
- Consolidated Emerson Climate video page.
Simultaneous to the launch of the revamped website is the availability of the website’s mobile version. Users can access the mobile site through the same url at www.emersonclimate.com in their mobile devices.
Emerson (NYSE: EMR), based in St. Louis, Missouri (USA), is a global leader in bringing technology and engineering together to provide innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and consumer markets around the world. The company is comprised of five business segments: Process Management, Industrial Automation, Network Power, Climate Technologies, and Commercial & Residential Solutions. Sales in fiscal 2011 were $24.2 billion. For more information, visit www.Emerson.com.
About Emerson Climate Technologies
Emerson Climate Technologies, a business segment of Emerson, is the world’s leading provider of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration solutions for residential, industrial and commercial applications. The group combines best-in-class technology with proven engineering, design, distribution, educational and monitoring services to provide customized, integrated climate-control solutions for customers worldwide. The innovative solutions of Emerson Climate Technologies, which include industry-leading brands such as Copeland Scroll™ and White-Rodgers™, improve human comfort, safeguard food and protect the environment. For more information, visit www.EmersonClimate.com.
For more information, contact:
Fahlgren Mortine PR