|Emerson SureSwitch™ Relay
A superior universal electronic replacement for mechanical compressor contactors
SureSwitch Relay 49P11-843
Anyone that works on AC and heat pump compressor systems - knows that the weak link in these systems is the contactor. Mechanical contactors were developed in the 1950s and only designed to turn compressors on and off – and offer no protection for the compressor or the system. The open design is susceptible to insects and debris that dramatically shorten contactor life.
Over the past several years, a new enemy of compressor systems has emerged and this one is invisible – low voltage and brownouts. Increased demand on the power grid, especially during afternoon peak demand periods, creates low voltage and brownout situations. Low voltage and frequent compressor starts damage compressors and system fan/blower motors.
SureSwitch relay helps to protect your customers’ HVAC investment by combining the function of a traditional contactor, adding a short-cycle timer, brownout protection and a long-life sealed switch.
The SureSwitch relay offers:
SureSwitch relay is an ideal "sale and install" for preventative maintenance contracts. SureSwitch relay is for up to 40 Amp, 1 to 1.5 pole applications and is backed with a five-year warranty.
- 5X life compared to traditional contactors
- Pest and debris protection from totally sealed switch. Also eliminates the need for pest control treatments just for outdoor HVAC equipment
- No noise – latching internal relay won’t hum or buzz
- Time delays to protect system on re-starts between regular cycles or after power interruptions
- Low voltage brownout protection. SureSwitch detects and protects the system from low voltage events that can cause compressor and fan motors to overheat and fail prematurely
Install SureSwitch this spring and make contactor failure a thing of the past!
CLICK HERE for SureSwitch Specification Sheet