Purchasing Code of Ethics
- Give first consideration to the objectives and policies of Vilter Manufacturing.
- Strive to obtain the maximum value for each dollar expended. Decline with grace inappropriate gifts or gratuities intended directly or indirectly to influence any business transactions.
- Grant all competitive suppliers equal consideration insofar as state or federal statute and institutional policy permit.
- Conduct business with potential and current suppliers in an atmosphere of good faith, devoid of intentional misrepresentation.
- Demand honesty and integrity in sales representation whether offered through the medium of a verbal or written statement, an advertisement, or a sample of the product.
- Receive consent of original or of proprietary ideas and designs before using them for competitive purchasing purposes.
- Make every reasonable effort to negotiate an equitable and mutually agreeable settlement of any controversy with a supplier; and/or be willing to submit any major controversies to arbitration or third-party review, insofar as the established policies of the institution permit.
- Accord a prompt and courteous reception insofar as conditions permit to all that call on legitimate business missions.
- Cooperate with trade, industrial and professional associations and with governmental and private agencies for the purposes of promoting and developing sound business methods.
- Foster fair, ethical, and legal trade practices.