ST. LOUIS, September 22, 2008 – Emerson Climate Technologies, a business of Emerson (NYSE: EMR), announces the new Emerson RESCUE EcoTech™ high efficiency direct-drive blower motor. This RESCUE EcoTech motor easily installs into existing furnace and air-handling applications, offering increased indoor direct-drive blower performance and improved energy efficiency.
Designed in the tradition of Emerson’s RESCUE® motor line, the RESCUE EcoTech motor features Emerson’s exclusive motor control technology, giving homeowners the energy savings and improved comfort they want while saving contractors time with installation as simple as a conventional PSC blower motor. Key benefits include:
- Ease of Installation – Drops into existing PSC blower applications without complex wiring modifications or changes to the system controls
- Wide Application Coverage – Fits multiple system types, voltages and mounting methods, including flex mounts
- Energy Savings – A smart solution to help homeowners lower their energy bills, providing upwards of $1,690 savings over five years on continuous fan
- Improved Comfort and Indoor Air Quality – Available low speed and increased efficiency supports continuous fan operation, resulting in improved filtration and reduced temperature variations throughout the home
- Active Airflow Management – Allows the motor to compensate for static pressure changes to help maintain airflow
“This motor is a great opportunity for both contractors and homeowners,” said Craig Johnson, president, Emerson Climate Technologies, HVACR Motor division. “The RESCUE EcoTech™ Motor provides contractors the ease of installation and time savings that they are looking for while giving homeowners the energy efficiency and comfort that they want. It allows contractors to offer a smart, energy-saving solution to their customers simply by upgrading the motor in the homeowner’s current furnace or air handler.”
Learn more about the RESCUE EcoTech high efficiency direct drive blower motor.
Emerson (NYSE: EMR), based in St. Louis, is a global leader in bringing technology and engineering together to provide innovative solutions to customers through its network power, process management, industrial automation, climate technologies, and appliance and tools businesses. For more information, visit www.Emerson.com.
About Emerson Climate Technologies
Emerson Climate Technologies, a business of Emerson, is the world’s leading provider of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration solutions for residential, industrial and commercial applications. The group combines best-in-class technology with proven engineering, design, distribution, educational and monitoring services to provide customized, integrated climate-control solutions for customers worldwide. Emerson Climate Technologies’ innovative solutions, which include industry-leading brands such as Copeland Scroll and White-Rodgers, improve human comfort, safeguard food and protect the environment.