Broad Product Offering
With the broadest product line in the industry, Copeland Scroll™ compressors range from 1 to 40 HP for single compressor configurations and 3 to 120 HP in tandem and trio configurations. The total number of models has reached over 100 with 69 even tandems and 51 uneven tandem compressor combinations. The fixed capacity even and uneven tandem configurations range from 3 to 80 HP. The Copeland Scroll Digital tandem offering ranges from 3 to 30 HP.
Setting the Standard
Emerson’s Copeland Scroll multiples are designed to offer innovative, reliable, and high performing compressors for commercial air conditioning applications. Multiple compressors are connected with a manifold, commonly referred to as tandems. Similar to other modulation approaches, tandems offer improved part-load efficiencies, including Integrated Energy Efficiency Ratio (IEER) and Integrated Part Load Value (IPLV), while maximizing full-load efficiency.
(ZP104 & ZP104)
A user also has the option to ‘tandemize’ Copeland Scroll Digital™ or Variable Speed compressors with a fixed capacity scroll compressor. This combination offer a simple solution to deliver continuous capacity modulation while providing exceptional part-load efficiencies, such as Integrated Part Load Value (IPLV).
Advantages of Stepped Modulation
- Efficiency: High system efficiency at both full-load and part-load
- Installation costs: Least expensive form of modulation
- Reliability: Comparable to fixed compressor systems
- Flexibility: Wide system lineup with a limited number of compressor models
- Oil management: No extra oil management hardware needed
- Electromagnetic interference issues: None
- Stepped capacity modulation allows for a precise load matching which enables OEMs to boost system part load efficiency levels to meet new energy standards and aggressive DOE challenges
Industry standards introduce part-load efficiency requirements for light commercial split, package and rooftop systems by adding IEER to the ASHRAE 90.1 standard. In addition, voluntary industry standards ASHRAE 189.1, Energy Star and CEE standards also specify improved part-load efficiency. One way to meet these standards is by applying multiple compressors in the system design to deliver step capacity modulation for precision load matching and high part load efficiency levels.