Variable Speed Motor Product Line Provides the Efficiency, Reliability and Control that Customers Need
ST. LOUIS, January 25, 2010 – Emerson Climate Technologies, a business of Emerson (NYSE: EMR), today announced the launch of a complete line of high efficiency, variable speed electronically controlled motor (ECM) solutions for residential and light commercial air-moving applications. These motors provide OEMs with a full range of ECM solutions, all featuring exceptional control, easy integration and long term reliability.
Leveraging more than 15 years of variable speed motor experience, Emerson® ECM motors utilize advanced technologies to provide customers with key benefits including high peak efficiency (up to 82 percent efficient), easy system integration, precise airflow control, reliable, long-life designs and quiet, smooth operation.
The heart of the Emerson variable speed solution is formed by five ECM motor products; each provides a unique set of features allowing OEMs to address a broad range of needs related to variable speed technology:
- UltraTech® Communicating Variable Speed Blower Motor – As part of the UltraTech™ communicating system, the UltraTech Motor uses the ClimateTalk™ open communications protocol to provide easy setup, presice CFM control and advanced diagnostics.
- 16X4W 16 Pin ECM Solution – This motor features a translator paired with the 4 wire motor platform, providing easy integration into 16 pin non-communicating variable speed systems.
- SelecTech™ Indoor ECM Blower Motor – This five speed motor has 24 volt programmable speed taps for easy integration into common blower and air handler systems.
- SelecTech™ Outdoor ECM Condenser Fan Motor - This two speed ECM motor is designed for high SEER A/C and heat pump systems with two 24 volt programmable speed taps.
- RESCUE EcoTech® Retrofit ECM Blower Motor – Unique to the industry, the RESCUE EcoTech motor features a patented design that utilizes high voltage taps to determine speed, allowing the motor to easily replace or upgrade PSC blower motors. The RESCUE EcoTech motor’s contractor-friendly wiring provides easy drop-in installation of ECM efficiency and performance into almost any direct drive PSC blower application.
“Our new line of variable speed motors further demonstrates Emerson’s commitment to continuously invest in advanced motor technology,” said Kei Pang, president, Emerson Climate Technologies, HVACR Motor division. “This line-up of electronically controlled motors provides precise control, high levels of efficiency and solid reliability for a wide range of air-moving applications.”
Emerson (NYSE:EMR), based in St. Louis, Missouri (USA), is a global leader in bringing technology and engineering together to provide innovative solutions to customers through its network power, process management, industrial automation, climate technologies, and appliance and tools businesses. Emerson’s sales in fiscal 2009 were $20.9 billion. The company is ranked 94th on the Fortune 500 list of America’s largest companies. For more information, visit www.Emerson.com.
About Emerson Climate Technologies
Emerson Climate Technologies, a business of Emerson, is the world’s leading provider of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration solutions for residential, industrial and commercial applications. The group combines best-in-class technology with proven engineering, design, distribution, educational and monitoring services to provide customized, integrated climate-control solutions for customers worldwide. Emerson Climate Technologies’ innovative solutions, which include industry-leading brands such as Copeland Scroll and White-Rodgers, improve human comfort, safeguard food and protect the environment.
For more information, contact:
937.859.0599, ext. 142
Release No. 0815