ST. LOUIS, October 23, 2012 – Educational Services, a business unit of Emerson Climate Services LLC, has released the 2012-2013 schedule for its course offerings, as well as re-named and updated courses, including Residential Scroll, Compressor Essentials, and Compressor and System Troubleshooting.
“The updated courses underscore Emerson’s commitment to continually meet the educational needs of HVAC/R professionals due to the changing landscape of the technology in our industry,” said Larry Banas, director of Emerson Climate Services. “We have carefully designed and revamped our courses to help technicians strengthen their expertise, knowledge and confidence to work on new equipment and product technology that is changing every day.”
As the industry undergoes rapid transformation in traditional technologies, such as mechanical pressure controls replaced with electronic system controllers, proper training and education is essential. Currently, there are more than 12,000 Emerson Electronic Unit Controllers (EUCs) on Copeland™ condensing units that simplify commercial refrigeration systems, increase system reliability and ensure optimal performance. This transformation is not on the horizon – it is here in the present and the number continues to grow. Emerson is committed to providing HVAC/R professionals with the proper education and training on solutions that will help technicians quickly and accurately troubleshoot and diagnose problems.
In 2011, Educational Services trained more than 2,000 students and held nearly 100 classes in various locations in the U.S.
“My business philosophy is based on training because when technicians are in the field, they do what they were trained to do,” said Bill Almquist, president and CEO of Almcoe Refrigeration Company. “As a contractor, I know that Emerson’s Educational Services improves our proficiency because our technicians are better prepared to service new equipment which saves us time and reduces costly callbacks.”
Here are few of Educational Services’ updated courses:
- Compressor and System Troubleshooting: A one-day program for HVAC/R service and installation personnel designed to help students take a logical approach to diagnosing “system issues” with lasting solutions that reduce customer costs without sacrificing quality.
- Residential Scroll: A half-day program that focuses on troubleshooting air conditioning and heat pump systems that utilize Copeland Scroll™ compressors. This course now covers new refrigerants and advanced systems technology that enables communication among various system components.
- Compressor Essentials: A one-day seminar designed for new and experienced air conditioning and refrigeration technicians, as well as installers, service managers and facilities engineers. It covers topics such as, compressor fundamentals, reciprocating technologies, Copeland Scroll compressors, and online tools and mobile applications.
In addition to the courses mentioned above, Educational Services offers a variety of updated courses that and will be held throughout the year, including:
- Advanced Compressor Seminar (two days)
- Compressor Operation and Service Seminar – COSS (three days)
- E2 Controller Training (three days)
- E2 One-Day Training (one day)
- Hands-On AC/Refrigeration Simulator Technology Day (one day)
- Scroll Compressor Technology Day (one day)
- Wal-Mart EMS Certification Course (three days)
Educational Services offers Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for its full menu of instructor-led and distance learning courses that qualify under International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) guidelines.
All courses are approved by North American Technician Excellence (NATE) for use towards contractor NATE recertification.
To view the 2012-2013 training-seminar schedules, or to register for a seminar, contractors can visit Education.EmersonClimate.com or call your nearest wholesaler.
Emerson (NYSE: EMR), based in St. Louis, Missouri (USA), is a global leader in bringing technology and engineering together to provide innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and consumer markets around the world. The company is comprised of five business segments: Process Management, Industrial Automation, Network Power, Climate Technologies, and Commercial & Residential Solutions. Sales in fiscal 2011 were $24.2 billion. For more information, visit www.Emerson.com.
About Emerson Climate Technologies
Emerson Climate Technologies, a business segment of Emerson, is the world’s leading provider of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration solutions for residential, industrial and commercial applications. The group combines best-in-class technology with proven engineering, design, distribution, educational and monitoring services to provide customized, integrated climate-control solutions for customers worldwide. The innovative solutions of Emerson Climate Technologies, which include industry-leading brands such as Copeland Scroll™ and White-Rodgers™, improve human comfort, safeguard food and protect the environment.
About Educational Services
Educational Services, a business unit of Emerson Climate Services, LLC, is a leading provider of comprehensive training programs and knowledge management services for the HVAC/R industry. The business unit's diversified educational resources take a systems-approach focus on keeping service technicians, manufacturers and end-users abreast of the latest industry technology and trends. Its offerings include market-focused seminars, easy-to-use training guides and manuals, CD-ROM-based learning tools, video training programs and more. Educational Services is headquartered in Sidney, Ohio. For more information, visit emersonclimate.com/en-US/services/education_training
For more information, contact:
Fahlgren Mortine PR