Copeland Scroll™ residential heating scroll compressors are designed to power high efficiency A/C systems and offer great heating capacity.
In China, Emerson launched 3 HP and 5 HP residential heating scroll compressor in December 2005.
- Designed in China to power high efficiency air conditioner;
- Optimized design of scroll set and motor for higher efficiency, lower noise and smaller frame;
- Optimized for China’s operating and ambient conditions;
- Allowed attainment of 1.1 heat to cool ratio;
- Proven higher heating capacity as compared to the traditional heat pump.
Normal heat pump air conditioners work with poor heating capacity and low efficiency in low ambient temperatures, thus electric heating is required. However, electric heating is typically characterized by low efficiency, high power consumption and lack of security.
Emerson’s Copeland® heating scroll compressor has strong advantages against electric heating. Air conditioners with scroll heating compressors have relatively high EER in low ambient temperature. Normally, a 3 HP air conditioner EER can reach 2.5w/w+ under ambient temperature of -10°C, that is 2.5 KW/h plus heating capacity that only consumes 1KW/h electric power. It also has lower power consumption and is safer than traditional electric heating.